Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone had a good one! I know mine was decent! I just wish that my dad would have gotten me home in time to see my mom's side of the family too, but it was still good to see my aunts and spend time together since it happens rarely! Lets see, I feel like I have so much that I want to or can talk about tonight! Sooo where do I start? Lets back track for a few minutes and start with yesterday... I worked yesterday and it was our day to prep everything for Black Friday, which meant doubling up on all the sauces, veggies, meats, etc. So a busy busy day! I hauled ass to get out of there at a decent time because it was Necto's Factory/Pride Thanksgiving Eve Party! I got there earlier rather than later and had a really good time with my friends!
I dressed to impress of course, as did my best friend Erin! Damn that girl looked good! haha ;) I had a few drinks and danced a bit upstairs and downstairs! Andddd.... Guess what else? hahaha. This next part makes me laugh... I SAW MOHAWK GUY AGAIN! lol :P I danced with him and found out his name! Its Konrad. He is really cute and sweet. Seems like a really cool guy! And uhh we kinda madeout! haha. Only heres the thing, It pretty much verified what I have already known but questioned for awhile now, that I most definitely AM A LESBIAN! Kissing guys just doesn't do anything for me! But we have been texting and decided that being friends/dancing partners works for us, so I guess thats what we'll be! :) You can never have too many friends! Hey, at least I tried it before I knocked it. Right? ;P
Sooo back to today, it is Thanksgiving, and I have mainly been thinking a lot today about what I have already blogged about about a billion times already... ERIN! A year ago tomorrow (Because last year Thanksgiving was on the 26th) is the night when I was sitting in my apartment all alone being depressed because Megan was no longer there, and all of a sudden out of nowhere Erin decided to IM me and ask how I was doing! It was a year ago tomorrow that we started talking and became best friends! So this Thanksgiving I am thankful for my best friend Erin!
Erin, I am thankful that you walked into my life when the rest of the world was walking out, a year ago tomorrow! I am thankful for you being there to pick me back up when I was down, and to show me what it feels like to have somebody care again! I am thankful for everything you are, have done and continue to do for me! I am thankful that you brought happiness and laughter back into my life when I literally had none left within me! I am thankful that you brought a few other amazing people in my life... Alyssa and Zoie, etc. I am thankful that you share a lot of the same hobbies, interests, morals as me and that we can appreciate these things together! There are a lot of things I can't really talk about with other people but I know that YOU are the one person I can ALWAYS come to with anything, no matter what it be and you won't judge me.... you told me something about a year ago that has stuck with me and that I will NEVER forget... you told me one night that "The things a person has done does not make them who they are" :) Thank you for that and for always putting things into perspective for me! And the one thing you are always really good at? You ALWAYS no matter how down I am feeling manage to find that little piece of humanity left within me and light a spark to it and make me feel worthy! Thank you for being an amazing and selfless human being and for loving me unconditionally when I don't even know how to love myself! Thank you for being that one person I can always depend on in life! I LOVE YOU!
Alyssa, thank you for being my best friend, my sister at heart, my rock, the glue that holds me together! Thank you for making me laugh when all I really wanna do is cry! Thank you for having long and serious talks with me or for just shooting the shit when I feel like being a dork! Thank you for being caring and kind and gentle and for all that you have done and continue to do for me! Thanks for being someone that I can laugh with, cry with, be stupid with, have serious talks with! I love you girl and if it weren't for you I seriously wouldn't make it through the day sometimes! Thank you for having an amazing daughter who I can call my niece, and for making her a part of our adventures! I love you both like family and both you and Zo brighten even the darkest of days! :) I LOVE YOU BOTH!
On this day I am also thankful for my many other friends that I have, both old and new! The ones that have known me and been here for me over the years, and the ones that I have just met but have been a positive influence in my life! I am thankful for a few people specifically... And would like to take this time to thank each one of them!
Laurin, Meeting you was a strange and well maybe creepy coincidence given the circumstances haha but I am glad that it happened! Without meeting you I never would have realized how much I was missing out on in life by not going to a University or by being pessimistic all the time! It probably would have taken even longer for me to continue paying off my credit cards, etc. And even though things didn't work out between us as a couple, I am glad that I met you and still have you as a friend! Because I truly believe that you were brought into my life for a reason, and am glad that it happened because it was just another step in life that I had to take to get where I am today! So for that, THANK YOU!
Natalie (DJ NASTY NAT) Thank you for deciding to start talking to me again! I am truly thankful to have you as a part of my life! You and your friendship mean a lot to me! I really missed having you around to talk to and to make me laugh! It seems like such a little and simple thing, having your sarcastic or humorous remarks around to brighten my day, but seriously you have no idea how much a few simple words from you on a day to day basis really mean to me! Sometimes they are all I have when I am feeling down and I know that you can somehow relate to me in one way or another and it means a lot to have someone like you around who cares! :) So thank you for making me laugh until my stomach hurts sometimes, and for taking the time to get to know me and talk to me, and thank you for talking music with me! :P
Tyler, Thank you for being an awesome brother! Yes sometimes you are seriously the biggest pain in my ass and you say a lot of things that piss me off from time to time but when it comes down to it I know that you will always be there for me! You and me have had some good times together and sometimes you make me laugh the hardest out of anybody I know! All the crazy shit you do! haha. Thanks for being my brother! And thank you for being here for me through some of the hardest and shittiest moments in life!
Ashley, Thank you for being the coolest sister ever! I know that you aren't officially my sister yet, haha but I hope that someday that'll happen because to me you are already family, and I wouldn't have it any other way! Thank you for being here for me through thick and thin, even when I sometimes don't deserve it or can act like an ass. Thank you for helping me out this time last year and for being a shoulder I could cry on and a pair of ears that would listen! Thank you for helping me with my financial situation and putting up with my ass as a roommate for 6 months! I love you girl!
Emma and Noah, you both came into my life when I least expected it to happen and I am thankful every day for you both being born! I'm not gonna lie, if it weren't for you both there have been some times in my life where I probably wouldn't have made it without you! I am proud to be able to call myself your big sister and I am thankful to have you both in my life to watch you grow up. It is my goal in life to be a good role model for the both of you and to make you proud of me! I am thankful for the cute and little silly things you do on a day to day basis and I know that whenever I am feeling really depressed all I have to do is visit you guys and I will be sure to crack a smile! :) I love you both dearly!
Ariel, you are my beautiful little baby and although you are crazy and hyper as hell sometimes mommy loves you to death and I would be lost without you! When Megan left it was just you and I for awhile and without the cute little things you'd do to make me smile or you kissing my face and licking away the tears off my cheeks I probably would have done something crazy and wouldn't be here today to tell this tale! So thank you for putting up with all of my shit, and in return I guess its rewarding in a way to have to put up with yours! :P After all, I did take on the responsibility to take care of you and love you and give you a good home, no matter how mad you make me at times! I LOVE YOU ARIEL BABYKIN$! And you are the best cat in the world! <3
Mom, Thank you for giving me life! Thank you for being my friend! Thank you for helping me out whenever I was or am in a tough spot! And thank you for raising me the best you could! I want to make you and the rest of our family proud, and I know that I have made my fair share of mistakes but I hope that someday you will look back and be proud of me and the decisions I have made in life! The steps that I have taken in the last 21 years I've been alive to become a better person and keep growing. I know that I haven't always made things easy and for that I am sorry! But I love you very much and the older I get the more I start to understand that all of the silly arguments etc. we've had in the past were only because you are my mother and love and care about me and were trying to do whats best for me! You were trying to protect me and to keep me from making some of the same mistakes you made! You were trying to protect me from all of the crazy things and people in this world and that means a lot to me! I am happy to call you my mother and I love you so much! Thank you for always being here for me and I think we've both come a long way when I look back on a few specific things. I hope that that only continues to get better with time!
Dad, Thank you for giving me life, and for everything that you do for me! Thank you for raising me and for always being here for me through thick and thin! I love you and I appreciate everything that you do more than you'll ever know! I know we don't always see eye to eye but I think its because we are so much alike in so many ways! There will always be a part of me that is a daddy's girl and I will always look back on memories of growing up and remember things like staying up past my bedtime to watch movies with you or go out driving together. I love you and I am glad that out of all the men in the world that YOU are the one who I get to call Dad! :)
Aunt Jenise and Jan, Thank you for being here for me! You are both amazing aunts and without you both I don't know what I would have done at times! You both are so supportive and understanding and it is so great to have role models such as yourself be a part of my life! You are my support system and I love you both dearly! Thanks for always sharing your knowledge, advice, ideas, etc. with me! It means the world to me!
Priscilla, thank you for being one of my very best friends! I know that we don't keep in contact as much as we used to but we both live busy lives! You have been and always are there for me and I love you to death! Thank you for sharing memories with me and for being a fun person to hangout with and a true friend who I can trust! And one more thing...WALK LIKE AN EGYPTIAN!
Brandi, Thank you for being here for me over the years! Without you I probably wouldn't have made it through middle school! You were always there for me to stand up for me when everybody made fun of me for not fitting in or when I came out! Thank you for not caring what anybody thought and for always being there to talk me out of some crazy shit or for being able to make me smile on a shitty day! We have been through hell and back together and in life separately, but I am glad that we found our way back to being friends over the years! I've missed ya' girl! Thanks for being one of the best friends a ghetto white lesbian girl could ask for! haha.
Angela, thank you for being someone that I can confide in and for caring enough to ask me how I am doing from time to time! It means a lot to me! And thank you for letting me experience one of the most life changing events ever...being a part of Mychael's life and watching you give birth to him! Mychael, I will never forget feeling you kick for the first time on my birthday and I loved you from that first moment I felt you kick, that day I heard your heart beating on the ultra sound at the doctor's office and the moment I first watched you make your appearance in this world! My heart melted as soon as I got to hold you for the first time and I will ALWAYS be here for you! I love you and your mother very much! And Angela, thank you for sharing that bit of advice your mother gave you once when we were lost that time in AA. You told me that "You are never REALLY lost, because you have a VOICE! You can stop and ask for directions" To this day it has helped me remain calm whenever I get lost somewhere. I guess its true that every little thing we experience in life no matter how big or how small or insignificant it may seem at the time helps us along the way and teaches us a lesson that we can carry on with us throughout the rest of our lives! :) Give little man a hug for me! Hope to see you guys again soon!
Heidi, Thank you for being someone that I can talk to and that I can jam with! Thank you for giving me a good laugh when I need it or for just listening when I need to vent! I loved learning how to play guitar a little better and now I just wish I could remember it! haha. But for real, you are a great person and I am glad that I met you!
Nicole, I am glad that I met you that night you and Boe were house sitting! I enjoy hanging out with you and talking to you! You are crazy and spontaneous and you crack me up! Thanks for being a good friend! I hope that we will start hanging out more often because its a lot of fun when we do!
Timothy, Thank you for being a frequent reader of my blogs and for the input! I really appreciate the responses you leave and I love that we both share the same passion for one of the greatest television shows of all time! BTVS :P Thanks for being a great friend and an awesome person with awesome tastes and hobbies! :)
Amanda, Thank you for being an awesome friend and for not letting me die that night at work when I cut my finger open! haha. You were always quick on your feet and sharp as a nail and I really miss working with you! I hope that you are enjoying your new job and that we can hangout soon! I miss fist pumping with ya! haha. :P
All of my co-workers, thank you for being awesome, sweet, caring people and for busting your asses at work! You are great workers and I am happy to be working with such amazing people! It makes work go by a lot faster and a lot easier knowing that I am there with caring people who have my back! To my boss and his family, thank you for hiring me and for always being here for me! Thank you for caring enough to ask how I am doing from day to day! I promise to keep doing my best and make you all proud!
Dufty, thanks for being my fellow white girl! haha you crack my ass up and are a blast to hangout with! I will never forget trying to dougie with you! AHAHA!
To the rest of my friends and family that were not named here, you know that I love each and every one of you with all of my heart! I am thankful for everything that you do for me! Whether it be something big or small, it means the world to me in one way or another and I will NEVER forget the people in my life or the things that have taken place to help me get where I am today! Every single thing has helped me get where I am now and I will NEVER forget or regret a moment of it EVER!
So Happy Thanksgiving everyone! These last 21 years have truly been an amazing ride! And this past year especially! I still can't believe how much my life has changed, and for the better! Its been a total 360 since last November, but I am glad for everything that I have learned and lived from then to now! It has made me a stronger, happier and healthier person! I couldn't have made it this far without you all! THANK YOU FROM THE VERY BOTTOM OF MY HEART! My love and best to you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment