So I didn't work until 3 today and before that seriously slept the entire day away. I didn't even get out of bed until 1:40 PM! And I wish that I could say once I was at work that that tired/fed up attitude changed but it really didn't. It all started with a trip to McDonald's where I wasted $1.01 on a cheeseburger because I am pretty sure that they spit in it so I never ate it. Long story! haha. Basically I was feeling impatient because I had a few minutes to be to work and the lady working in the drive thru can't apparently hear and I mumbled something under my breath. I guess that Karma can be a bitch because then tonight at work I was stuck with some really annoying customers.
Because tonight at work was super busy and we had a ton of really annoying customers come in. One lady even accused us of not giving her daughter back the correct change and then even went as far as to accuse us of stealing it. I can't believe the nerve of some people. UGH! I mean really? Alyssa and I both have better things to do with our time than rip off an 8 year old, or anyone for that matter! We get paid more than this lady was accusing us of stealing. >.< I LOVE my job but I HATE the customers sometimes! This lady seriously picked up our tip jar and was like "How do I know the money didn't go in here?" This lady was seriously lacking some brain cells. Heres what happened.... Her daughter ordered 2 kids meals and an eggroll. She suposidly paid with a $20 and suposidly only got like 70 cents back. My boss said to take her name and number and if the drawer was over we would return the money in the morning. She threw a fit and started yeling saying she wanted it back now.
I apologized and staying calm said that I understand why she is upset and that I would be too but that I do not have a way OR the authority to just count the drawer in the middle of the day. But that if we DID happen to make a mistake that her money would be in the drawer and it would be returned. She THEN accused us of stealing it! She was like "Well if I had paid for it then I would have been given back the correct change but since it was my daughter THIS is what happens" I said Ma'am I promise you nobody is trying to rip you off! And she picked up our tip jar and was like "How do I know that it didn't get put in here?" Okay, first of all lets say that Alyssa HAD made a mistake while ringing her up, if this was the case her change was supposed to be $12.51, there was only a dollar and some odd change in the tip jar. I just looked at this lady in shock and was like "Really Ma'am? There's seriously like a dollar in there!" she THEN proceeded to say that she suposidly WATCHED us give her daughter back the incorrect change and place the order. BUT THEN said she called about 6 times.
I THEN said "Ma'am our phone hasn't rang all night long, I can guarantee you if it had it would have been answered. What number did you call?" She said that she called the mall office to get the number and the number WAS right, but I still say she is full of it because the phone never f'n rang. Unless it was off the hook and we didn't know it she didn't call. But anyways she just kept going on and on about how mad she was and how we were ripping her daughter off. WTF? I seriously just wanted to hand her money out of my own pocket just to get her out of our faces and get her to shut up! I can't believe the nerve of some people! Her story just kept changing and made absolutely no sense whatsoever! If you ask me, I think her stupid daughter took it or they are both just scam artists trying to get money out of businesses around town.
I have never been so glad to get out of work in my life! Besides this little incident there were just really demanding customers tonight, people with REALLY long orders, and LOTS to do besides just being super busy! And now I have the migraine from hell! I hope that it goes away soon! I am supposed to go to Toledo tomorrow with the besties! :) It shall be fun! I definitely need a day to have fun and just relax. The closer to the holidays we get the worse the customers are gonna act. >.< God help me have patience! lol :P
Perhaps I should have the last Mike's Hard Lemonade I have. And for some reason I am suddenly craving ice cream sandwiches. WTF? lol. Oh what a long night. I need some chocolate or sleep or something. :P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment