A poem inspired by my beautiful girlfriend Caitlen, who I love very much!
The way you looked into my eyes
It caught me by surprise
As did how perfectly
You fit into my
L i f e
Like we've known each other for years
We even share our greatest fears
I want to be there
I want you to know I care
Your kisses leave me breathless
With you I'm never empty handed
You are someone I appreciate
Rescued my heart when it was stranded
And your smile lifts me up
Even when times get tough
I know we'll walk together down this road
Your eyes so blue they glisten like the sea
Your hands so soft as they explore me
I want to get lost in your body
Like I get lost in your mind
Lost in your words and lost in your eyes
I'll hold the key to your heart
I'll hold on tight
Your words reach deep
Into my soul
And I feel myself taking flight
Your beauty so powerful it leaves me speechless
Your voice so perfect like an angel's
Your fingers in-twined in mine
Your heartbeat rising and pounding fast
We lose track of time
Talking for hours and it never gets old
So intriguing, and eager to learn more
Slowly I let down my walls
You handle with care, you're someone I can
T r u s t
Running my fingers through your hair
I feel content with life
The pain diminishing, the doubt subsiding
My inner child comes out from hiding
You actually see me, you see past the flaws
You embrace my life warmly, you climb over the walls
The strength of a warrior, Intellect so stunning
Carrying a conversation that has me hanging on every last word
In your arms I feel safe
In life I've found my place
Its such a small world
Girl of my dreams
Its so ironic, the ways in which we meet
Hold tight onto my hand
I'll be your shelter
Dry fast your tears
I'll be your shoulder
You can count on me
You don't have to act tough
I know we just met
But already I care so much
Kiss me again, I get lost in your lips
Kiss me again, and watch as my spirit lifts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment