My car is FINALLY FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's been broken down for about 2 months and originally we thought it was the timing belt that needed fixed cause it wouldn't start or anything! That was gonna cost well over $800 and thats not even including the labor costs! Well, a place here in town helped me out and paid to tow it and everything! Turns out the only thing that was wrong was it had a broken fuse in the computer system. And the computer system is what makes the car run. Go figure! HAHA! :P So anyway, guess how much it ended up costing? $40 to get the fuse fixed, $48 to have it towed! Sooo $88 total! :D And the best part? I didn't have to pay for a PENNY OF IT!
Let me just take this time to say that you never know how nice it is to have some things in life until they are GONE! Going two months without a car was TORTURE! Especially since I'd been spending so much time out of the house with friends and family prior to it breaking down! It definitely puts things into perspective! My car IS a necessity but it is also a privilege! Never again will I complain about having to sit in a traffic jam or having to wait behind someone at a stop light when they're turning! Never again will I complain about the dents in the door or the fact that the tape player no longer lets my ipod hook up to it right anymore! I will never complain about my leather seats burning the hell outta my ass when I'm driving in the summer or making my skin turn blue when its taking too long for the car to heat up in the winter! I love my old 15 year old dented, leather seated, broken door handle, car with one cup holder!
Let me just say that when you go two months without a car and are trapped in the house everyday it feels amazing when you finally get behind that steering wheel again! I went to the store today and when I came out I couldn't remember where I had parked! HAHA! And I enjoyed every minute of walking across the parking lot in the freezing cold and wind looking like a clueless fool trying to find my car! Its moments like that that I'll never take for granted again! Sooo from the very bottom of my heart, thank you to Gary for jump starting my car, thank you to Dad, John, and Uncle Brandon for replacing parts in it and pushing it outta the garage for the truck to pick it up, thank you towe truck company that I can't remember the name of at the moment, thank you Hadden tire for fixing my car, thank you MRS and Brad for paying for the repairs, thank you Ashley, Mom, Grandma, and Priscilla for the rides here and there, thank you Grandma and Grandpa for letting me have the car in the first place to drive and for the countless oil refills! And Thank you God for making this one of the best days I've had in a very long time! :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment