Sunday, September 16, 2012

Roller Coaster Weekend

Well this weekend has been an interesting one that is for sure. It all started off with Friday being possibly the worst day I have had in a really long time. I woke up for work and it was pouring down rain. Came out into the living room and Gizmo (our dog) had peed on the floor. Called to check and see how much my paycheck was and it was a lot less than is normally is and that was with holiday pay. After I paid my bills I had a whopping $10 left. Not to mention I got charged a late fee for paying my car insurance late, and almost rear ended an individual on the way to work after getting gas because it was raining and I was driving too fast.

My financial aid refund was supposed to be on in my account by Friday and it never came. I had to call and bitch out student business services for like the 4th time. They have told me 3 different things now and its a huge jumbled up mess. Have bitched about it so much in the past few weeks that I don't even feel like I have the effort to bitch about it one last time here and explain it all from beginning to end so to make a long story short.... I got my refund, owed them money, paid the money i owed, balance was negative so i called and asked about it and they said it was because i was going to be receiving another refund. They said it would be here later that week and never was. I called and they said it was money from paying too much on the balance i owed but that didn't make any sense because I had signed a contract to pay a certain amount. They said that I was right and it was their mistake and that it would be in my account yesterday. Never showed up, so I called a final time and it turns out what happened is that I guess when I did my financial aid stuff I signed a paper saying that my refund could go towards any balances i owe if there was money left over. Sooooo apparently that is what happened but then nobody told me that that happened so i went in and paid the money I owed and that is why I am receiving money back. Only problem? Have to wait at least a few more days to get it because they do not want to disburse it in case I add or drop classes again. WTF!

So it looks like I will just sit here and wait to buy the rest of my school supplies, pay the cable bill, etc. later. So frustrating! On the plus side, I did land myself a new freelancing job yesterday thanks to a friend of mine. Have only written 15 assignments so far and its at a rate less than what I usually work for but hey, some money is better than none and I guess beggars can't be choosers! Its been a bit more difficult than I would like because the client I usually type for does not do things the standard way and I've gotten used to that. The new way is boring and kind of daunting and confusing but oh well. I am getting the hang of it. It does take me a lot longer to finish an assignment, but I've still managed to make some good money in the past few days and if I keep it up at this rate I will have a pretty good slice of money each week so that will help out a lot.

Robert moved in with us on Friday, he pays rent this next time so that's going to save us a lot every month too! It will be so nice to not be broke every damn paycheck! Its been too long since I have had a good chunk of money to just enjoy myself and not stress about how the hell I'm going to have enough money to get by for two more weeks. Lmao. Last night we dropped Robert off at the club. He was so drunk. He came home without his ID and when he reached into his pocket to see if it was in there he pulled out a photo-booth picture of a heterosexual Mexican couple that he has never even met! It was the funniest damn thing! lmfao.

I have to work tomorrow to make up the hours I missed during the week for school and also to clean Cait's buildings since she is off of work until Monday due to her foot injury. BLAH! I don't feel like cleaning buildings this weekend. lol.
Sorry for anyone who is reading this, I know that I am just rambling on. I guess I just kind of need a good rant every now and then. Lately my temper has been a lot worse and my patience has been really thin. It feels good to let it out a bit. I think I need to start going back to CAPS. My therapist there was really nice and it helped me de-stress to talk to someone about my anxiety and all of my issues.

School has been pretty good so far. Although earlier this morning doing my math homework did end up with me bawling my eyes out and Cait cradling me in her arms, giving me a pep talk. haha. I am so damn horrible at math! I guess I just fucking lost it, you know?! I'd been doing the damn assignment for like 2 hours and was so frustrated. I just feel like shit. It does not come naturally for me, and its not even that I am just sort of bad at math, I really am just fucking stupid when it comes to most of it. It worries me because the math class that I am in now isn't even one that counts towards graduation. I still have 2 more classes after this one and I can't even get past chapter 2 of this class without crying and being confused. How the heck am I ever going to pass this class and graduate? FML! I am just going to have to keep trying my hardest I guess. I really don't want to bring my GPA down. I have a 3.82 right now and I would very much like to keep it that way if at all possible.

In other news, I've been thinking about joining the school newspaper. Some students from the newspaper came to our journalism class on Thursday and were trying to recruit people. It seems like it would be pretty interesting and a good way to make friends and meet new people, especially since I commute. Since I commute and since Cait stopped going to EMU, I don't hang around campus much when I am not in classes. But anyways if I did join the paper, I guess that they have a probation period where you have to have 3 articles published and then you are officially a member of the paper and each article published after pays $10. Would be kinda sweet.

Well, I just needed a good rant and now I really don't know what else to talk about. So I suppose I will end this blog here. Sorry its not super interesting. Was typing a mile a minute the whole time so blah. haha. Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment